Resources for Seniors
Seniors who have lost homes or had property damage can find someone to assist them through the process of recovery by calling:
- Sonoma County Human Services Department’s Adult and Aging Division, 707-565-5900
- Council on Aging, 707-525-0143
Seniors can get help to navigate recovery paperwork, arrange transportation to recovery services offices, medical appointments, and other places, find warm nutritious meals or food at home, or get caregiving help for day-to-day needs.
For help with housing, SHARE Sonoma County, in partnership with Petaluma People Services Center, offers a Home-Sharing Program for those 60 years and older. SHARE helps facilitate and screen safe home shares for seniors, including those needing basic assistance (service in exchange). http://petalumapeople.org/seniors/share-sonoma-county/ Call 707-765-8488.
Home-Sharing is a living arrangement of two or more unrelated people who share a home or apartment for their mutual benefit. Each person has their own bedroom and possibly bathroom, but shares common living areas.
Additional Senior Housing Opportunities
Call for free rides with volunteer drivers throughout Sonoma County for residents age 60+ and people with disabilities: Download the pdf : http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=2147544497
Counseling and Support
- Alliance Medical Center, 707-431-8234 alliancemed.org
- Chrysalis Community Counseling Services, 707-545-1670 chrysaliscounseling.org
- Jewish Family and Children’s Services, 707-303-1530 SeniorsAtHome.org
- Petaluma People Services Center, 707-765-8488 petalumapeople.org
- San Francisco Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 707-569-2401 sanfrancisco.va.gov/locations/santarosa.asp
- Sonoma Valley Community Health Center, 707-939-6070 svchc.org
- West County Community Services, 707-604-7264 westcountyservices.org
- Counseling Services, 707-823-1640 westcountyservices.org
Multiple Senior Resources
The Sonoma County Senior Guide from the Area Agency on Aging lists resources for seniors, their families and caregivers. Download the pdf in English or Spanish: https://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Human-Services/Adult-and-Aging/Area-Agency-on-Aging/Senior-Resource-Guide/