SonomaCountyRecovers: Official recovery information for Sonoma County fires
Sonoma County Recovers

Sonoma County Recovers


Not sure where to start? Let us help

Welcome to the information site for recovery efforts related to the October 2017 Sonoma County wildfires. This site is a joint effort of the County of Sonoma and City of Santa Rosa.

Receive Recovery Updates by Email

Subscribe to the Sonoma County Recovers e-Newsletter

Sign up for Emergency Alerts and Notifications

Residents are encouraged to subscribe to the following services:

SoCoAlert: Subscribe to receive urgent notifications about local emergencies by phone and/or text message. Powered by CodeRED.

Nixle: Text your zip code to 888777 or sign up online to receive email, text or voice messages with alerts and advisories from local law enforcement.

For more information, see how to stay informed during an emergency.

Debris Removal Information Line

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers stopped accepting new debris removal complaints via its phone line and email on May 16, 2018, for the government-sponsored debris removal program. Debris removal complaints can be made to Sonoma County Recovers at 707-565-1222 or to

Debris Removal Right-of-Entry (ROE) Processing Center

The County of Sonoma is operating a Right-of-Entry Processing Center at the Department of Health Services building in downtown Santa Rosa. Environmental Health staff will be on hand to assist residents with filling out the alternative program paperwork. For information on the alternative program for City of Santa Rosa residents, please click here.

What: Debris Removal Right-of-Entry Processing Center

When: Monday-Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
Where: 625 5th Street, Santa Rosa, between Riley and Humboldt

Phone #: (707) 565-6700

Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs)

The Sonoma County Disaster Recovery Centers (DRC) are permanently closed. Those affected by the October wildfires can still reach FEMA by phone at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362), online at and through the FEMA app.

Disaster assistance applicants who have a speech disability or hearing loss and use TTY should call 1-800-462-7585 directly; for those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 1-800-621-3362. The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 4 a.m. to 8 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time seven days a week until further notice.

Close window