For emergency response and recovery information, visit

Things property owners in burned areas, or downstream of burned areas, can do to prevent or report flooding or debris issues

  • Install straw wattles to prevent debris, ash and erosion from flowing into waterways. Straw wattles can be picked-up from local hardware stores. For more information, go to
  • If you see something (flooding, mud and debris flows), say something – call 911
  • Monitor your surroundings, and have an emergency plan in place.
  • Stay informed: Listen to local radio stations, and sign up for Nixle and SoCo Alerts. Make sure that the emergency alerts on your cell phone are activated (on smart phones, go to “Notifications” and make sure the Emergency Alerts notification is turned on).
Close window