For emergency response and recovery information, visit

Are foreign students studying in the United States eligible for FEMA cash assistance (Individuals and Households Program Assistance) as “Qualified Aliens”?

While foreign students may qualify for non-cash in-kind disaster relief (such as search and rescue, provision of food, water, sheltering, or emergency medical assistance), they do not qualify for cash assistance because their authorization to reside in the United States is based in part on the existence of an in-country support system.

Close window