What is being done to prevent erosion and harmful runoff from impacting our watershed?
- Multiple agencies are working together to assess and reduce the risk of flooding and to prevent fire-related debris, pollutants and sediment from being spread into our storm drains, creeks and rivers.
- In urban areas, the City of Santa Rosa and the County of Sonoma are:
- Increasing street-sweeping activities
- Cleaning and checking storm drains
- Installing wattles and sandbags to prevent debris from entering storm drains
- Hydro-seeding to stabilize soil
- For more information, go to https://www.sonomacountyrecovers.org/rain-ready/