What can property owners do to prevent erosion?
- The goal this winter is to prevent ash and debris from entering the waterways. You can help by taking simple steps by placing straw wattles, hay bales, and mulch around burned areas to reduce the chances of ashes and other material from washing into streams.
- Remember that everything that is outside drains to creeks and streams. Don’t use leaf blowers or hoses to remove ash and debris.
- Consider consulting a professional before implementing permanent erosion measures.
- Wear protective gear whenever you work in burned areas.
- For more information, go to https://www.sonomacountyrecovers.org/rain-ready/