For emergency response and recovery information, visit

Who is eligible for FEMA disaster assistance?

To be eligible for cash assistance from FEMA you must generally be a lawful permanent residents (possessing an alien registration receipt card) or those with legal status due to asylum, refugee, parole (admission into the U.S. for humanitarian purposes), withholding of deportation, or domestic violence. Applicants should consult an immigration expert concerning whether or not their immigration status falls within the qualified alien category. Find more information on FEMA’s website.

Close window