For emergency response and recovery information, visit

What action do I need to take with regards to my destroyed gun?

If your registered firearm was destroyed in the fire the Department of Justice (DOJ) requires you to complete and return a “No Longer in Possession” form (BOF 4546 form) even if you have already filed a claim with your insurance company. It is the owner’s responsibility to report the loss to the DOJ. This form is available online here:

Close window